Opening hoursDagelijks in juli en augustus van 9.30 u. tot 18 u.
It is hard to beat the pleasure of jumping on a bike and setting off to discover quaint little spots and tasty places. A wide variety of new cycling experiences awaits you. The new West Coast Cycle Trail featuring a free discovery trail, a signposted scenic route along the cycling network or a cycling trip to the charming polder villages of Sint-Joris and Ramskapelle. The Tourist Office's customised plan is guaranteed to provide 100% cycling fun in Nieuwpoort next summer.
NB: Visitors are not allowed to cycle on the sea dike and along the harbour channel trail this summer but can use Albert I Laan or the harbour channel service road instead.
West Coast Cycle Route
Region: Nieuwpoort - Veurne - De Panne - Koksijde
Distance: 48.5 km
Including the free discovery trail available until 8 November 2020.
Cycling network maps
Plan your own route based on the various intersections. Choose how long you want the cycling tour to last.
- Westhoek (De Panne to Ostend and towards Ypres, Poperinge, Roeselare to the French border - including Nieuwpoort)
- Coast (De Panne to Knokke, with some hinterland - including Nieuwpoort)
- Leie Region (Roeselare, Tielt, Oudenaarde, Kortrijk - excluding Nieuwpoort)
- The area around Bruges (Ostend to Knokke and the large area around Bruges - excluding Nieuwpoort)
Charge: €9 per map
Across the French border:
- Leie Valley and French-Flemish hills (Cassel, Hazebrouck, Estaires, Merville)
Charge: €7 per map
All the maps are available from the Nieuwpoort Tourist Office, some of which are published in French.