Practicle measures to control the coronavirus in Nieuwpoort
The coronavirus has put our lives on hold for a while. Tourism in Nieuwpoort is also affected by the measures taken to contain the virus. Below is a summary of measures relating to tourism in Nieuwpoort, ranging from recreational restrictions to actual bans.
We must repeat the call by Governor Carl Decaluwé and Mayor Geert Vanden Broucke for people not to travel to the coast. Only journeys that are strictly necessary are allowed. Consequently, people are asked to give up any plans to visit or stay in Nieuwpoort for the time being. We will obviously welcome you all with open arms as soon as our joint efforts to defeat the virus have succeeded!
Measures applicable to tourism
- All activities have been cancelled up and to the 31st of August.
- Shops are open as from 11th of May onwards. Restaurants, cafes and B&B's are pen as from the 8th of June.
- The Friday market and the farmer's market are organised.
- The ferry is operating again.
- You are not allowed to install your own beach cabin for the time being. This is regarded as travel for non-urgent purposes and is therefore prohibited.
- If you have any questions about parking, the Parking Partners agency can be reached by telephone but only in the morning (not on Tuesdays) on 058 24 04 79. Any complaints may be lodged with email@example.com.
Wishing you all the very best during these difficult times. We'll get through it all together!