Practicle measures to control the coronavirus in Nieuwpoort
The coronavirus has put our lives on hold for a while. Tourism in Nieuwpoort is also affected by the measures taken to contain the virus. Below is a summary of measures relating to tourism in Nieuwpoort, ranging from recreational restrictions to actual bans.
We must repeat the call by Governor Carl Decaluwé and Mayor Geert Vanden Broucke for people not to travel to the coast. Only journeys that are strictly necessary are allowed. Consequently, people are asked to give up any plans to visit or stay in Nieuwpoort for the time being. We will obviously welcome you all with open arms as soon as our joint efforts to defeat the virus have succeeded!
Measures applicable to tourism
- A number of activities have been cancelled including all activities during the Easter holidays until 19 April, as well as the Zeejemee initiative on 9 and 10 May. The 'Experience' section features a complete and reliable overview of our activities and events. Each subject will show 'cancelled' before the date in question in case of cancellation. So please check carefully.act
- Restaurants, cafes and B&B's are closed. Hotels are allowed to stay open but only for clients who needs to spend the night because of their job.
- Many shops have decided to shut down of their own accord. Clothing, footwear, decor, ... Some shopkeepers are receiving customers by appointment only or have introduced restricted opening hours. Please contact them in advance.
- The Friday market and the farmer's market are cancelled until Sunday, 19 April 2020.
- The ferry has stopped running until Sunday, 19 April 2020.
- All public playgrounds are closed. Children are not allowed.
- If you decide to go for a walk remember that public toilets are closed. (Walking is allowed either alone, among members of the same family living together, or with one friend. Everyone is advised to keep a "reasonable distance" from each other.
- Angling (coarse fishing) is now) not allowed.
- You are not allowed to install your own beach cabin for the time being. This is regarded as travel for non-urgent purposes and is therefore prohibited.
- If you have any questions about parking, the Parking Partners agency can be reached by telephone but only in the morning (not on Tuesdays) on 058 24 04 79. Any complaints may be lodged with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you all the very best during these difficult times. We'll get through it all together!