Practicle measures to control the coronavirus in Nieuwpoort
The coronavirus has put our lives on hold for a while. Tourism in Nieuwpoort is also affected by the measures taken to contain the virus. Below is a summary of measures relating to tourism in Nieuwpoort, ranging from recreational restrictions to actual bans.
Measures applicable to tourism
- All activities have been cancelled till further notice.
- Shops are open as from 11th of May onwards. Restaurants, cafes and B&B's are pen as from the 8th of June. Masks are mandatory in shops and in restaurants, hotels and bars when you're not in your room or sitting at a table.
- The Friday market and the farmer's market are organised.
- The ferry is operating again. (masks are mandatory)
- Beaches are open to everyone, masks are not mandatory on the beach but you have to wear one when your leaving the beach.
- You have to wear a mask at all times on the public domain in Nieuwpoort.
Wishing you all the very best during these difficult times. We'll get through it all together!